Ultimate Occlusion Level 2:
Mastering Complex Cases
Ultimate Occlusion Level 2: Mastering Complex Cases
- Learn how TMJ’s play a role in planning complex reconstructions
- How to determine if, when and how changes need to be made to VDO
- Step-by-step how to prepare a full mouth rehab at increased VDO
- How to interpret cutting-edge computer aided diagnostics and understand when, why and how to use them
- Learn aesthetic full mouth treatment planning, when orthodontics are needed, etc.
- Advanced case presentation skills to enroll your patients into treatment
- Advanced electronic diagnostics and case finishing to ensure longevity on your cases
- Contingency plans to keep your patients in your re-care schedule even if they cannot afford treatment right now
- Hands on Anterior and Premolar Preparation Design for cosmetic and rehabilitation cases.
- Learn how to use fixed splints and how they are more predictable in testing Vertical Dimension
- When and why to use “night guards” and which is best.
- Hands-on instruction capturing standardized views with various clinical lighting techniques and equipment
- The most current techniques in dental photography and lighting that will make your pictures stand out and your dentistry look extraordinary
- Tips and tricks on utilizing photography for laboratory communication from matching single incisors to full mouth rehabilitation
- How to integrate DSLR into case presentation and interaction with the patient, laboratory and restorative team
- …. and More!!!
What To Bring:
- If you operate with loupes when prepping, we recommend you bring them along for the hands on exercises.
- Your #rockthedrill t-shirt for Saturday!!!
- Your personal DSLR Canon or Nikon camera with a macro lens, ring flash, or dual point bracket lights. These are the only two brands that will be supported in the hand’s section. If you don’t yet have a DSLR camera, we recommend you purchase one at www.photomed.net for the fully adjustable DSLR camera packages. Rick Spaulding also offers a budget option with less flexibility – Rick Spaulding Canon SX70 HS Dental Kit for $1299 which can be bought at https://rickspaulding.com (
If you haven’t purchased a DSLR and hope to get by without one, you may find yourself limited in doing comprehensive dentistry)
- A pair of cheek retractors
- High-Quality Occlusal mirror (double-sided chromium mirror)
- Black Contraster
NOTE: To participate in the hands-on portion, you must have a camera that your instructors can help you with settings, and success back in practice. We will have a very limited amount of demo cameras. (Shofu brands, Olympus, Sony, point and shoot or iphone/android cameras are not supported in the hands on section).
Due to the nature of our hands on program, our ending time can vary based on the questions in the group and support needed. We encourage you not to make dinner reservations before 7pm
Continuing Education Credit Hours:
17 (pre-requisite UO1: Mastering Functional Dentistry required)
$3695 per doctor
February 25th & 26th, 2022 – Houston, TX
August 12th & 13th, 2022 – Charlotte, NC