Joint Disorder Workshop
Temporomandibular (TMD) Joint Disorder Workshop
Oral-facial pain and TMD remain one of the most confusing topics in dentistry today. Adding to this problem there are the discrepancies in diagnostic and treatment methods among different educational groups. Join Dr. John Nosti and Dr. Eric Farmer for this two-day hands-on lecture with a full day dedicated to both diagnosis and treatment. A systematic approach that will give you the confidence to start treating patients Monday morning. This hands-on program will increase your confidence in diagnosis, treatment options and therapies of specific TMD-related conditions.
- Diagnostic modalities for joint disorders
- Understand why some clicks hurt and some don’t
- Classify patients by both pain categories and restorative needs
- Rationales for splint designs
- Understand what splint to use and where
- Understand anatomy and physiology of the Temporomandibular Joint and
muscles of mastication
- How to identify and treat Trigger Points
- Modalities used to enhance your treatment protocol
- Common neuropathic pain disorders
- Hierarchy of pain and much, much more.
Dr. John Nosti practices full time with an emphasis on functional cosmetics, full mouth rehabilitation, and TMJ dysfunction. His down-to-earth approach and ability to demystify occlusion and all ceramic dentistry has earned him distinction among his peers. He has lectured nationally on occlusion, rehabilitation, and technology (JVA/JT and T-scan).
As Clinical Director for Clinical Mastery Series he has authored and teaches the two-day “Ultimate Occlusion: Mastering Functional Dentistry ” ,“Ultimate Occlusion 2: Mastering Full Mouth Rehab”, and Ultimate Occlusion 3: Mastering Complex Cases” courses, as well as the “Full Mouth Rehabilitation Live in the Op” live patient program.
Dr. Nosti has consistently been a featured speaker at the BioResearch Annual Conference and “Townie Meeting” in Las Vegas, NV. He has lectured at numerous national conferences, including the annual sessions for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and Academy of General Dentistry. He has also spoken for many dental societies, and study clubs, including divisions of the Seattle Study Club.
Furthermore, he holds fellowships in the Academy of General Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantology and Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics. He is currently in the process of attaining the award of Master in the Academy of General Dentistry, as well as accreditation in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Eric Farmer graduated from the University of Nebraska College of Dentistry in 1991 after earning a biology undergraduate degree. Dr. Farmer has taken more than 1800 hours of advanced continuing education and has the honor of serving 20 years’ experience in family and cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Farmer maintains a practice in Wichita, KS where he focuses on general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. He is a gifted teacher and thrilled at the tremendous distinction to mentor colleagues in their studies. Dr. Farmer is a member of the American Dental Association, the Kansas Dental Association, he has Fellowship status with the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain and has Master status with BioResearch. Among his many other accomplishments Dr. Farmer has been voted by his dental peers as one of the Top Dentists in Wichita and served as President of the Wichita District Dental Society. www.ericfarmerdds.com
Continuing Education Credit Hours:
Safety Protocols – CMS Live Courses
- Larger than normal lecture space for appropriate spacing between participants while seated.
- Temperatures taken at registration table outside lecture space.
- Boxed or individual lunches served rather than buffet style.
- Masks expected to be worn by all when not seated for lecture or eating/drinking.
- Ample masks, gloves, and disinfecting wipes available for all participants.
- Any specific questions or concerns please call or text Pete Janicki at (602) 410-5145